How to read a sign with the word “fuck” in it
- by admin
You’ve seen a sign at the grocery store, a school playground, a grocery store parking lot, a bus stop, a subway station, or even a church.
You’ve probably even seen one at a public school.
But what if you’re not sure how to interpret it?
We sat down with University of Michigan linguistics professor and interpretive linguist Eric Toderian to learn more about how the language of sign language works and why people use it.
In this episode, we talk about how sign language is understood, the way people interpret sign language, and why the word fuck is sometimes the only word that gets the job done.
If you’re interested in learning more about sign language or want to know more about our podcasting team, check out the podcast website at https://wonderingquestions.com/.
We’re also working on an app that’s designed to help people get to know the sign language they use.
You can download it right now for free from iTunes or Google Play.
Follow us on Twitter at @WondereQuestions, and check out our blog at Wonderequestors.com for all of our past and future podcasts.
And as always, we appreciate your support and feedback.
Thanks so much for listening.
Enjoy the show!
We’ll see you next time.
You’ve seen a sign at the grocery store, a school playground, a grocery store parking lot, a bus stop, a…
- The language of consciousness: A new perspective on conceptualizing the phenomenology of cognition
- WATCH: The world’s best video game characters reveal their emotions in new documentary
- How to interpret regression output in Excel, using Ekg interpretation
- What do NFL teams have to say about the Browns QB controversy?
- When the iron panel and the car crash are one